Why Sleep Is So Important To Health
Why Sleep is so important to Health
Jun 03 , 2021 By Newentor Sleeping Expert
WHY DO WE NEED SLEEP ?
Sleep is just as essential to our health as eating well and exercising regularly.
A good night sleep allows our body and mind recharge , giving you a day of energy and alert when you wake up. However, people nowadays used to ignore the influence that sleep causes to our body.
Now, Let us see THE 5 REASONS WHY GOOD SLEEP IS IMPORTANT：
- Sleep boost your immune system
Getting enough sleep can improve our immune function , because the secretion of growth hormone , prolactin and melatonin, which is essential to boost the Immune Cells growth, will increase to protect us from sickness.
- Sleep recharge your heart and cardiovascular system
Sleep quality can have a great effect on chronic diseases, including heart disease. Therefore, people who sleep less than 7–8 hours per night have a greater risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Healing damaged cells
Scientists have discovered that broken DNA builds up in brain cells in the daytime and repair the damage only during sleep.
- Sleep affects mental health and social interactions
Mental health issues, such as depression, are strongly related to poor sleep quality. Research also indicates that poor sleep affects your ability to recognize expressions of anger and happiness , reducing your social skills.
- Sleeping well can improve concentration and productivity
Sleep is incredibly important for lots of aspects of brain function , including cognition, concentration, productivity, and performance. Moreover, good sleep can maximize problem-solving skills and enhance memory.
After understanding how important Sleeping is ,
there is one more issue to figure out - How could we SLEEP BETTER?
Here are some helpful tips for a quality night’s sleep ：
- Reduce blue light exposure in the eveningBlue light tricks your brain into thinking it's still daytime , and then reduces hormones which is good for sleep.
- Don’t consume caffeine late in the dayAlthough caffeine has lots of benefit for body, consuming it late in the day stimulates your nervous system and may stop your body from relaxing at night naturally.
- Try to sleep and wake at consistent timesOur body’s circadian rhythm functions align itself with sunrise and sunset ; therefore, being consistent with your sleep and waking times can improve long-term sleep quality
- Exercise regularly — Not before bed
Based on available studies, we knew that Regular exercise does, in fact, help you fall asleep more quickly and improves sleep quality. Nevertheless, exercising too late in the day may cause sleep problems.
Besides sleeping environment and daily habits , bed quality can greatly affect sleep quality. A comfortable mattress and pillow can enhance your sleep and reduce neck, shoulder or back pain.
There is always one for you !
Dedicate to improving sleeping quality , Newentor provides Australian a not only comfortable but also supportive CHOICE OF MATTRESS AND PILLOW.
With the Ergonomic and Adjustable Design, our mattress and pillow allows you to find a suitable one for yourself , which could support you precisely , relax your body , release pain and Enjoy A Amazing Good Night Sleep that you've never had.